Have I told you? Did you get the memo?…..How about the full page ad I took out?….No?…..well, ok I’ll tell you again……
I’VE HAD IT WITH THE SNOW!!!!!………..I AM DONE!
MOTHER NATURE – I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!
ok…I feel so much better now………yes, more snow coming tomorrow for Northeast Pennsylvania. Then the “Heat-Wave” is coming Saturday and should continue through out next week! Yipppeee!
I am doing everything to get rid of the winter blues…..I decided to work at the kitchen table rather than my office, the view is better don’t you think?
My three assistants agree!
not to mention they love the proximity to the Fridge!
Well, I am trying to keep busy, my good friend the “Devine Ms. B”, keeps me on my toes! every day I get a text….”where are you? no post today!” So I’m working on several! She is such a dear friend, who lives just down the road from us. She is always baking and never forgets us! Now with St. Patrick’s Day coming soon, I am gleefully awaiting my Irish Soda Bread that she makes for Al and I every year.
This past weekend was spent with our circle of wonderful friends…Dot & Chuck hosted “Movie Night”…what a great idea especially during the winter months! Twelve of us got together, including the Devine Ms. B and her husband Ted. We ate, drank and laughed! and oh, yes we watched a great movie “Being There” a classic Peter Sellers! Thanks to Brigid, who came wearing her team sweatshirt, kept us updated on how the Rangers were doing throughout the night…..until they lost!
All in all, we had a great time with our gang!
Ok…so what have I been up too? well, the kitchen has been the hot spot. I shared this on our FaceBook page, it took a bit of time, well for me – you know how I am always doing ten things at the same time, but it was so worth it! I sent some of it off with the “Love of my Life”, to work and my mom took the rest to her Senior Club….so no leftovers! But it was delish!
THE BEST THING I EVER ATE!!!!
“Overnight Pull-Apart Brioche Cinnamon Roll bread“…..Well worth the time….. Get the RECIPE here: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/overnight-pull-apart-brioc…/
I also found this recipe and have made two batches already! “Zucchini Fritters with Chili Lime Mayo” Find the recipe here: http://www.familyfeedbag.com/2011/08/zucchini-fritters-with-chili-lime-mayo.html
Here is tonight’s menu:
Paula Deen’s Chicken Pot Pie…….The best!
Here is the recipe:
• Pastry Crust
• 2 -4 sheets
• 1 egg, beaten
Pot Pie Filling
• 4 chicken breast halves (or 2 cups leftover cooked chicken)
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1⁄3 cup butter
• 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour (or less ( see chef’s note in directions)
• 1 quart milk (Paula’s recipe called for cream)
• 1⁄4 cup chicken base (or less ( see chef’s note in directions)
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1⁄2 small yellow onion, minced
• 1 cup frozen green pea, cooked
• 1 cup chopped cooked carrot
• 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
1. For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F Cover large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut each sheet of frozen puff pastry into 1-inch strips long enough to cover each pie. On cookie sheet, weave strips into squares. Brush beaten egg onto each lattice square.
2. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until pastry has risen and is a nice golden brown. (It should be cooked through at this stage). Set aside until ready to assemble pies.
3. For Filling: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Remove from heat and cut into chunks.
4. In a large saucepan melt butter and then slowly add flour, stirring until consistency of peanut butter, but do not brown like a roux. NOTE: You may not need all of the flour–stop with it is the right consistency–it may only take 1/4 cup. Slowly add cream and keep stirring.
5. Add chicken base (NOTE: you may not want to use all 1/4 cup–it may be too salty so use caution), garlic, and onion and stir until thickened.
6. Add cooked peas and carrots, nutmeg, if using, and cut up chicken. Remove from heat.
7. To serve fill 4 individual oven-proof bowls with chicken mixture and then top each with a pre-cooked lattice square.
I told you my kitchen was the Hot Spot!
tomorrow I’ll be sharing a “Perk us up” Spring Tablescape……and Friday is our Book club Lunch!
Stay warm…..Spring is headed up the Turnpike!